Online blackjack is one of the most enjoyed gambling options, especially for players who would like to win money with blackjack. Also known as 21, you can learn to play blackjack with a few tips in this guide before heading to the best online blackjack sites. A low house edge and great odds are a few factors that make blackjack gambling a favorite attraction for live casino players. Mostly, all online casino options are luck-based but a few games like online blackjack real money Canada require some skills in addition. We’ll look at real money blackjack from different angles with the aim of guiding you on the best real money online casinos in Canada to play blackjack online.
Best Blackjack Sites In 2022 - Play with Real Money
There are numerous gambling sites where you can play blackjack online. These sites often promise a great experience and lucrative blackjack real winnings as soon as an account is created. However, very few deliver legitimate blackjack for money which means there are little or no guarantees of fair gambling. To help reduce your search for the best blackjack online sites, we’ve picked our expert choice casinos where you can play real money blackjack games.
- Crystal Slots
- Spin Casino
- Jackpot City
Besides the above sites, there are several other casinos that can offer top-notch blackjack gaming. To find these gambling sites, you can follow our guidelines during your search for real online gambling blackjack.
- Registered and valid license: if you must play real money blackjack games at an online casino, you should at least make sure that the site is a regulated one. When looking out for licensing, you may likely come across the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) and the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) which are the two most reputable international regulatory bodies. If a blackjack casino online registers under such authorities, a license is given to specify the exact nature of services that are legally permitted. Regulated casinos are known to provide fair gambling practices than unlicensed casinos. Also, they adhere to other policies including the protection of minors and the promotion of responsible gambling which are meant to create the safest gambling atmosphere.
- Reputation: the common saying that “your reputation precedes you” applies very well to online casino houses too. Persons who have previously visited a site to play blackjack games can give an unbiased opinion about the quality of services offered. A few ways through which the reputation of a blackjack site can be seen include how conflicts with clients are handled and the level of reliability of software systems used on the site. Such factors can greatly affect user experience and by checking what players say, you can refrain from gambling with specific online casinos.
- Banking option: this is a key factor to check when involved in blackjack betting online for real money. Upon the creation of a gaming account, you will often be required to choose a banking method for deposits and withdrawals. Some casinos have numerous options though the most common of them are PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and Bank Transfer. Sites that accept cryptos like Bitcoin may also have a wider variety of e-wallets that accept USDT, Ethereum, and Bitcoin cash. Each banking method may have its specific variants in terms of fees, deposit and withdrawal limits, and processing time. Having a precise idea of the types of banking methods available can help you choose an option with minimal cost and optimal processing.
- Bonuses and promotions: these seemingly insignificant pull factors often play a huge role when picking a blackjack site. A welcome bonus can help boost your blackjack real winnings from the moment you sign up for a real account. This can be a good perk for gamblers who want to without spending too much from their pockets. In addition to welcome offers, real money blackjack can fetch you more promotions when you become a loyal or VIP customer. Other bonuses may also include cashback and re-load bonuses.
- Software providers: the quality of a blackjack casino game pretty much depends on the developer behind its creation. Microgaming, NetEnt, Red Tiger Gaming, Evolution Gaming, and SG Interactive are a few of the most prominent companies powering the best real money blackjack games. These providers create games that use the RNG to ensure that outcomes are fair while offering numerous benefits including bonuses and promotions.
- Number of games: the best blackjack casino may have all the above but if it lacks behind in the number of games available, many players will not stay around for long. When there is a wide variety of blackjack casino games, players can switch from one variation to the next to diversify their gaming. The available titles offered by a casino can often be found by visiting the home page and clicking the casino game section. Most casinos have subsections where different types of games can be seen and played once you become a member.
Blackjack Expert Guide
Have you found yourself thinking “I want to play blackjack” yet you have no idea how to play online blackjack? If yes, keep reading, this section is for you. We’ll discuss how to play blackjack for beginners while sharing what blackjack betting online is all about. Depending on the types of blackjack games online, the blackjack basic strategy may be different. Traditional blackjack is the oldest form of the game while modern variations include Vegas Strip Blackjack, Pontoon Blackjack, and Progressive Blackjack.
The traditional blackjack casino game remains the most widely known and played blackjack version in Canada and other parts of the world. It is a gambler favorite thanks to its low house edge, easy-to-follow rules, and very sociable gaming nature. It’s a good one to start with for players seeking how to play Blackjack for real money online. In this version, you go against the dealer by trying to get a combined card value as close as possible to 21, but below 21. The game starts with the serving of cards whereby the player receives two cards. Two options are then available; either to “hit” which means getting another card or “stay”, meaning keeping the current cards. Should the player or dealer get cards above 21 or equal to it, they get busted and lose the hand.
Vegas Strip Blackjack
Vegas strip is another popular variation that can be played to win blackjack real money prizes. It follows the same general rules as American blackjack explaining why it is sometimes referred to as Standard US Blackjack. Released in 2003, Vegas Strip Blackjack Gold is a popular black jack gambling option created by the geniuses at Microgaming as part of the Gold Series. It differs from all other blackjack games by the special perk performed by the dealer when a 10 or Ace is shown as an up card. Vegas strip gold has a high payout percentage and clear terms that make it user-friendly. Unlike other blackjack games in this variation, Vegas Strip Gold game has the added advantage of having a demo mode that can be used to practice. Our expert tip for playing Vegas Strip will be for you to double down on your first two cards if you are sure to be better off than the dealer during the next game.
Progressive blackjack is any form of blackjack that enables you to play blackjack while placing a side bet on a progressive jackpot. The blackjack game played with four decks of cards is a common game under this category. To play the game, a side bet must be placed stating that the player’s two cards will combine with the two cards held by the dealer in a way that will trigger a jackpot win. The base game however remains unaffected by the outcome of such as side bet. Progressive blackjacks make it possible to win blackjack online gambling real money in addition to a progressive jackpot prize. A few outcomes that payout include one ace of any suit, two aces of the same suit, and three aces of different suits. With this game, splitting may not be an efficient way of improving your base game as it is likely to prevent you from doubling down.
The Pontoon card game is an option you can find at the best blackjack casino. The house is usually the banker and is in charge of dealing face-down cards starting from the left of the dealer. To win the game, players must create a hand close to but less than 21 with two aces and a face card or a 10: this is called the pontoon. You could apply the Five Card Trick which involves getting near 21 with only five cards. Before each round begins, the minimum and maximum stakes are set. After the two cards are dealt, players and the banker can look at their hands. If the dealer gets the pontoon, they receive double what the player betted. If neither the dealer nor the players get the pontoon, each player may choose to improve their hand by taking another card. At this point, current cards can be split, and other cards collected either by buying one or requesting a twist. If you decide to stop collecting cards, you can stick when your hand is not less than 15. Should you get a hand of more than 21, you are busted and must wait for the next round to play again.
Spanish 21 is another well-known variation of online blackjack betting. The four-tens are often removed for this game allowing just 48 cards instead of 52. This reduces the number of ten-value cards from 16 to 12 thus decreasing the probability of receiving a 10. To win Spanish 21, you must get a hand equal to or below 21. Unlike most blackjacks where taking insurance is a bad idea, 2⁄1 still pays in Spanish 21 since the odds for the dealer to have a blackjack are also reduced. Low cards are equally advantageous when playing real money blackjack with Spanish 21.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Live dealer blackjack is one of the best blackjack games you can play online. It’s a top choice for experienced players who are looking for thrilling encounters where blackjack online game real money can be won. It combines various types of blackjack games that all have three things in common: the presence of a human dealer, a real table, and real cards. Live dealer blackjack makes use of HD video streaming where players can play in real-time while interacting with the dealer all through the game. Multiple cameras are put in place to cover the progression of the game from all angles to ensure fair gaming. This form of blackjack can be played one-on-one between the dealer and a player or in a multi-player mode between the dealer and several players. Discussions with the dealer are rendered possible by microphones and feel almost as real as playing in land-based casinos. Though live dealer blackjack is very common online, it may not be a good option for players who enjoy counting cards. The dealers often use multiple decks of cards which are shuffled frequently to reduce your chances of counting accurately.
Best Casino Bonuses to Play Blackjack With
When looking for where to play Blackjack with real winnings, it may not be a bad idea to go for a site that gives generous bonuses. These often include welcome offers and tournaments.
Upon your first minimum deposit after the creation of a gambling account, the casino may offer a matchup bonus of up to 250%. This bonus can be used to play blackjack casino games before you start betting with your bankroll. Generally, t&cs apply to all forms of bonuses so you should consider reading the wagering requirements before opting for any bonus.
Top Sites to Play Blackjack Mobile
The best online gambling sites have blackjack mobile game options to render gambling accessible at anytime from anywhere. Very often, blackjack games online can be played via a web browser or by downloading and installing the real money blackjack app on a mobile device.
Is it possible to play blackjack online? that’s the main question we’ll be providing answers to with the list of our recommended sites where you can learn to play blackjack and bet online blackjack.
History of Blackjack
The earliest written reference to blackjack can be traced to the short story book Rinconete y Cortadillo written by Miguel de Cervantes and published in 1813. Uncertain of the exact origin of the game, modern blackjack is said to be an evolved version of a prior game known as Twenty-one. According to some historians, blackjack originated in the Roman era during which wooden blocks served as denotations of the numbers involved. This theory has never been confirmed, joining the numerous beliefs regarding the origin of blackjack.
Blackjack is said to have been brought to North America in the 18th century by French colonists at a time when the game was also gaining ground on the other side of the Atlantic. By 1820, it became available to people living in New Orleans, and that marked the place where blackjack saw its first legal status come to pass in the United States. History recounts that a French business lady Eleanor Dumont, who was a skilled card dealer later relocated to Nevada City carrying the game along. She introduced the game in Nevada by opening a gambling parlor called “Vingt-et-un” which inspired the creation of other casino houses during her time. Over the years, twenty-one changed in rules and strategies to become what we call blackjack nowadays.
Strategies of blackjack were developed after the mid-1990s when people began shifting away from the thought that the game was solely luck-based. In 1956, The Optimum Strategy in Blackjack (Roger Baldwin., et al) was published as the first mathematically based paper which attempted to discuss the strategies involved in blackjack games. This book became a source of inspiration for countless efforts to elaborate concrete blackjack strategies that give an advantage to players. That gave way to the best-seller book Beat the Dealer originally published in 1963 by the author Ed Thorp. Beat the Dealer is known as the official root of card-counting strategies that educated players on how to deduce what cards are left by counting those that have been dealt already. Several similar books have also been published since then including The Theory of Blackjack by Peter Griffin and James Grosjean’s Beyond Counting.
Since its introduction, blackjack has changed considerably and now stands as the most popular table game played at every online and land-based casino. It has so grown that it features high roller blackjack tournaments with grand prizes worth up to $1,000,000. Since 2002, blackjack experts, authors, and great players have been given honorary status thanks to the Blackjack Hall of Fame launched by Brona Casino in California, USA. A few detainees of this title include Don Johnson who accomplished an impressive $15 million win in 2011 playing at various casinos in Atlantic City.
Blackjack somehow incarnates a world of endless possibilities as portrayed in films like 21 (2008), The Gambler (2014), and The Croupier (1998) which were all casino-inspired. In 2020, Google searches even topped over 70 million for blackjack games.
Frequently Asked Questions about Real Money Online Blackjack
- Can You Play Blackjack For Real Money Online?
Blackjack is one of the world’s most popular online casino games. It can be played for free in demo mode or for real money by signing up for a real money account.
- Is There A Blackjack App To Win Real Money?
Playing blackjack to win real money is possible via a web browser or by installing the mobile app of a casino that offers online blackjack.
- Are There Live Dealer Blackjack Games?
Casino blackjack is a common choice for online gamblers but if you want to experience fast-paced gaming, you can play live blackjack games online.
- What Casinos Can You Play Online For Real Money?
In this review, we’ve picked a few of the best gambling sites that offer blackjack for real money.
- Is Blackjack A Game Of Skill Or Luck?
Essentially, all online casino games are luck-based. However, it has been proven that there exist numerous skill-based strategies that can be helpful when playing online blackjack.